Friday 21 January 2011

May June be here soon!

We've been wrapped in the dark blanket of winter for weeks. Today, the sun has broken through the bits that were getting a little thin, where the fog had let down its guard. Can I really spy the shoots of bulbs? Is that a bird singing?

Of all the months, I love May and June the best and would be hard pushed to decide between the two for first place in my heart. For me, it's all about the nature - the endless possibility of summer stretching out its welcoming path. The lush gardens and hedgerows, the baby ducklings paddling down stream - I'm going all squishy and romantic. The promise of all those warm and balmy days ahead (before a damp July and August keeps us indoors sulking!).

Of course, these two months don't bring pleasure to all. The end of the football season is something to bemoan for a certain man in our house. May and June used to be the time of exams too.... ugrhhhh... and let's not forget hayfever! Oh dear, I am destroying my own dream with a nasty attack of the cynic. Kindly show him the door.

So, where were we?

While it's cold and drear outside let's dream of fragrant meadows that don't irritate delicate nostrils, crickets chirping in the long grass, and make hay while the sun shines.

A journal page - of sorts - for Inspiration Avenue's favourite month prompt. Layers of colour to represent the abudance of colour in the garden and field.

18 comments:

  1. I love those months too, though I think I would find it too hard to pick a favourite month as I like different ones for different reasons. It makes me sad that because of my job as a teacher, often I kind of miss June as I am so busy working up to the end of the year doing things such as writing reports. I am going to try hard not to do that this year!
    I like the quotes you chose-especially the first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both spring and fall and disdain summer and winter. But we must endure the others to enjoy our favorites - that is the way of nature I guess.

    Your Journal pages are awesome. - I love your colors and find wisdom in your quotes.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the background colors in this page. I love Spring and fall best..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful journal pages. I love all the months except the cold winter months. I would have to agree with you that June is one of my favorites. Wish you the best to get through these cold winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love may, too. The flowers, the warmer weather, the "I just got to get to the beach this week." attitude. This is a great piece for IA's challange this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring seems very far away with out 12 inches of snow and single digit temps! haha! But when it gets here, it will be a welcome sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, for the first time, have enjoyed winter here on the west coast of canada. It hasn't been terribly rainy, and although overcast, it's been a more cozy overcast than dreary. Spring is coming fast though and we should be having our annual flower count soon (we have a flower a city wide blossom count at the end of februaray here because of our usual early springs) Great pages btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me long for May and June! It sounds so lovely, and yes, I forget about allergies when I read this. Instead I see happy cows in a meadow full of wildflowers. Your journal page is beautiful, great color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am counting the days until Spring returns! These pages are perfect for the challenges- I love your backgrounds with all the pattern and warm colors and those quotes are wonderful, especially the Ben Williams one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~my heart longs for spring...warmth and light...fragrant meadows...a pure delight!!! love your piece created and your coming along quite nicely when your pen and ink!!! much love light and sweet blessings upon you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done and love the emerson quote!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, yes, yes~ Happy creating, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great piece. Love the designs and quotes. Ah, the memory of the fun month of June. Many family vacations and fun days. Yes, a fun month indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice, and lovely, warm, uplifting art! I always think that Spring is all about hope, maybe that's why I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty use of colours & pattern that evoke memories of warmer days.

    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  16. A girl after my own heart! June is also my favorite month. Not too hot, not too cold. Lo-o-o-n-g days...just gorgeous all around. I love the colors in your journal pages. Kind of like June sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW you have made me love me MAY and JUNE with your post. Nicely done, you and Emerson ..Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely thoughts of Spring...Lush gardens, baby ducklings....will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...