Sunday 1 November 2009

More chickens and a rose centred block

How frightfully appropriate that I sit in a darkened room on Halloween writing about zombies.

My black wig with the silver streak has fallen to an odd angle and bits of the nylon hair are sticking to the orange face paint, joining the dots of my stick on warts. My hat keeps falling off and I smell of wood smoke. We left the party before they announced the winner of the best costume... (frankly it was so dark, I have no idea how they intended on judging it!). But am I dejected? Why of course not dear readers, for I am nonetheless a winner - twicefold!

Yes, once again, I climb the award winner's pedestal in Bloglandia to collect my glittering prizes. And what prizes... On the desk beside me sits a rather pretty pastel block with delightful rose centre and... an undead chicken....



The zombie bird in question is giving me a strange look from its one eye that swings droopily from a gaping socket. I think it might be smiling but that is probably just the way its beak is rotting. If you view him from the side you can actually see right through his ribs - amazing.

I've moved the pastel block with the rose centre away from the shedding feathers and onto the mantlepiece with the other awards to keep it nice. I'm not too sure what to do with the zombie. Will it stay on display or insist on wandering around the lounge groaning with its wings held at a slightly forward angle? Ah well, it matters not - it's a conversation starter...

Speaking of which... I know you are dying to ask... Zombie Chicken awards?? Well, allow the proud owner of one enlighten you:


“The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all.”

I must say I'm rather chuffed that Chapter Forty wished to award my poultry efforts. I thank you, I thank you, I thank you. Now I have to pass it on... Hmm.... decisions, decisions:



That's a chicken in the post for you all - enjoy!

Now, my poor pastel block with the rose centre is feeling a little left out. It doesn't groan dramatically or shed bits of flesh. It does however, give me a rosy glow. How delightful to be given the title Kreativ blogger (even if creative is spelt wrong!). Thank you Mana Moon... too kind.... too kind.


Well, what do I do next with this little beauty?
Thank the person who gave this to you.
Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
Link back to the person who nominated you.
Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'.
Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
Leave a comment on each blog letting them know you nominated them.
OK, we start with the amazing facts...

  1. In a previous life I was a paintbrush.
  2. Almost every year I wrote to Father Christmas asking for the game Mousetrap. I never got it. Last night I dreamt I bought it. Shall I get it for my son?
  3. I eat too much chocolate.
  4. I did not win the lottery again this week.
  5. I found John & Edward 'entertaining' tonight on the X-Factor in a painful sort of way.
  6. I would love to live life in a musical where folk regularly burst into spontaneous (yet perfectly choreographed) song and dance routines.
  7. I once fell down a hill, banged my elbow on a rock and landed with my face in an ants' nest.
I may have to go to bed now and finish this tomorrow - it's either that or dance around the kitchen...

It's quite hard deciding who to bestow these awards upon. It will take me all day to visit all these sites and give them the good news! I shall be exhausted, yet happy to be the bearer of such glad tidings.

I pass to:

Now, if I didn't mention you, please don't be sad. I tried to find a nice mixture of different sites. Some people know me; others don't. Just remember... I love you all!

Mwah Mwah - lots of kisses.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you! You totally deserve the awards. :) And congrats to the recipients.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa thanks for the award. Your post was delightfully funny as usual but alas I am supposed to be writing for Nanowrimo and I keep getting sucked in by wonderful posts in the blogging world. I must resist, do you think I can make a comment part of my novel?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!
    so you want to see what can i do with this, ha?
    LOL
    you will see, te-hee!
    Thank you again! I am so honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post...made me laugh and that was much needed on this 1st day of November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your award is much deserved and thank you for sending one my way- very thoughtful and generous! As always I so enjoy a visit to your blog for your wit ,widom and beautiful artful musings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and thanks for such a cheery Sunday read

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thnak you so much for thinking of me!!! Such an honor coming from you...have a wonderful week! : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on both awards .... you deserved the prizes!

    Well done on your first word count of NaNo. The important thing is you try, my friend! Your personal need should always take precedent of others. And I do understand the struggle. Take it easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my... once again you've out done yourself and managed to creative a fabulous setting through written word - always jaw dropping to me!

    The zombie chicken award is SO fitting and too hilarious - wonderful and so well deserved!!

    I loved reading your facts (see... I knew you were something artistic in the past, lol!) Oh and the breaking into song? The boys and I used to do that in our kitchen (well, minus the perfectly choreographed part) - too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...