Wednesday 23 September 2009

Luxuriating in...

I've been doing a lot of wishing lately (keeping the fairies out of recession, it's a hard job but someone's gotta do it). It's all the fault of that nice Ridler lady and the ever-increasing gang of Wednesday Wishcasters. Do you know what, it's quite nice asking the Universe for things and this week we get to choose a 'luxury'. Hmm, what shall we say - a bath filled with chocolate? A yacht filled with toy boys? A ring filled with diamonds? Nah, not that they're not nice of course, but let's face it - too much chocolate makes you fat and spotty, I doubt the toy boys could handle me and if your best friend is a diamond, then you're really in trouble girl.

No, I'm afraid I am going to be a bit cliched here. It's TIME I'd like a bit more of. I go to bed every night frazzled, trying to pack into my evening what I'd be far more comfortable spending all day enjoying. I need a little time to find me. I need time to find a job where I feel I'm actually achieving something, but that finishes nice and early so I can spend more time with my boy. I need time to do nothing - cause I'm supposed to be doing this for 15 minutes a day for the Joy Diet and I'm finding it really hard (more on this on Friday's posting). I most definitely want more time to write and slosh paint about. I might get around to doing more housework or, hey... what about someone to do it for me?! I would have posted a longer missive tonight, but guess what... I'm a bit pushed for time... (I'm multi-tasking hanging out the washing and making tomorrow's sandwiches as I write this).

And Universe, if you're listening and feeling really generous. Could you possibly give me a hand turning the spare bedroom/junk room into an art studio?
Painting by Will Cotton: Chocolate Bath!

17 comments:

  1. I had to laugh, "if your best friend is a diamond, then you're really in trouble girl", how true is that!

    So I am glad, you did write about time for enJOYing yourself and not about things like chocolate bath (can't believe it!), disgusting that is.

    So as Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya love, loud and clear... Time we shall wish for you.. for all of your most amazing reasons and more.

    As Lisa wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Lisa♥
    ~Shamsi... the totally and completely in love with your "keeping the fairies out of recession, it's a hard job but someone's gotta do it." statement. which I will now be stealing with frequency :)(((Love)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words on my blog today...as you wish for yourself, I so lovingly wish for you also!!! I too am finding it difficult to do 'nothing' for 15 minutes a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

    For someone who so generously keeps the fairies employed, I bet the Universe is very much listening, with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    May you find all the time you need to either do nothing (I am having a hard time with that one also!) or to enjoy whatever pleasures you like. You can pull up a stool and gossip with me over tea and cookies in my luxurious kitchen anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far everyone wishes for the luxury of more time, so may all your wishes come true. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wants to smell like chocolate, anyway. Time is never enough. I say this as I write this, do my dishes, and trying to get the laundry done. I could use a few extra hours tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! :)

    Here's to more time oh sister of wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
    Loved your wishes! May they be fullfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how you make us laugh with your whimsical prose ...

    As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
    I think the fairy wrangler should get her studio!! I really think so!!! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Lisa wishes for herself, I very much wish for her too. I really hope you find what you wish for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Lisa. I hope you can find and allocate the time to do what you want to do to make you happy.

    As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    -TimK

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Lisa wishes for herself, so do I right along with her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm right there with you, wishing for more time for you, me and all our friends - there just never seems to be enough of it anymore. I truly pray your wishes come true for the life you desire and want (here that Universe? *looking up*)! ;-)
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, too, would forego the chocolate bath for my "me" time. Studio time. Art time, discovering more layers of me time. I'm learning to use my time wisely. The house cleaning and other chores often wait so that I spend that rare and precious time doing things that nourish my soul. It's a struggle but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...