Thursday 30 April 2009

How much time can I spend...




...creating interesting images with my scanner and Photoshop? Quite a bit actually...
It's the lazy person's creativity as it doesn't require paintbrushes and a clear table; a mere messy desk and some electronic equipment will suffice. Following on my magical theme, we have a fairy from a picture I found, sat upon a tulip photo taken from my garden (all grown/created by yours truly) amid a backdrop of 'fiddled about with' wrapping paper that caught my eye in a cornucopia of a shop in Warwick. For wrapping paper read 'stationery' - yes, the obsession continues! In fact, I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my first batch of notecards from the printers. Yes, I stopped nattering on about it and actually created something to rival the best from Paperchase. Hallmark had better watch out...
The strange image at the bottom is actually a piece of thread from which I was inspired to well, just create. To be fair, it wasn't exactly the thread but the thing it was attached to which prompted another rush to Hobbycraft. I bought the most delightful little handmade tags from this amazing artist I discovered one day while browsing on ebay. She also has a store on Etsy. For the uninitiated, Etsy is a little like stepping into the fantasy 'other world'. It is food for the soul and sustenance to the imagination. I spend many an evening lost there in dreams of silken fabrics, vibrant textile, soft watercolours, sparkling jewels and scented summer evenings. I have a dream list in one of my beautiful notebooks of things I may one day sell there myself (if I ever tear myself away from this blog!). I even have an entire section of favourites devoted to Etsy 'shops'. For yes, dear readers, Etsy is in fact that most girlie of things - a collection of hundreds of shops devoted to selling handmade items and incredible artworks. Regrettably, dwindling finances mean I have made few purchases... but I dream and take inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...